- QUALITY: Eco-Friendly Hardwood Turning Blanks
- GRADE: Our H&M is comparable to hard maple
- STANDARD: Kiln Dried, Easy to Machine, Easy to Stain
- SOLID: Solid square dimensions up to 4" square, no lamination
- VARIETY: BingLTD/Jayakas provides a substantial collection of furniture legs and wood production that vary in size and shape to fit your needs and imagination
Industry standard for hardwood is pricing by board foot and sold as lumber. While there is a standard unit of measure, board foot, there is no standardized board sizes. In addition, a wood volume formula is needed to calculate and verify pricing. Once purchased, the rough lumber will have to be milled down with a jointer and planer. Then it will need to be laminated together using clamps and wood glue to produce the dimensional square needed. Lastly, use a jointer and planer again on the glued-up square.
We simplify the material ordering and production process by providing dimensional squares. Our eco-friendly hardwood turning blanks are available in S4S (Surfaced 4 Sides) and H&M (Hit or Miss), which is our rough grade. Comparable to hard maple, our squares are kiln dried, easy to machine and stain. We offer solid square dimensions up to 3 3/4" and block squares, which are laminated, up to 6 1/2". Please refer to our Rubberwood page to learn more about our wood material.